Lekkernassûh organizes a weekly non-profit market offering fruit and vegetables, run collectively by people in the community. All our produce is organic, and from local farms. (I.e. mostly the province of Zuid-Holland).
If you like, you can register now. The registration form is in Dutch.
You can also read about:
Below, there’s some summary information about pricing, where to pick up your vegetables, and how you can help Lekkernassûh maintain the market and expand.
How does it work?
Each week, you’ll get a package of diverse produce – seven or eight different kinds of vegetables makes up a weekly package. At the location O3 we only offer small packages of 3 or 4 vegetables. You can come to one of our 4 locations:
- Wednesdays between 16.00 and 19.00h at the Witte de Withstraat 127. We also sell cheese and freshly baked bread there.
- Wednesdays from 12.00 to 14.00h at primary school Wonnebald at the Mozartlaan 189.
- Wednesdays from 12.15 to 13.30h at the O3 at the Zaanstraat 25.
- Fridays from 14.45 to 16.00h at De la Reyschool at the Voorthuizenstraat 245.
Once you’ve registered you’ll get access to yout profile on this website using your “personal link”. You’ll receive it via e-mail.
We need to to know each week whether you plan to buy your vegetables or not. So we can purchase them for you. That’s why we work with a subscription. It is either on ACTIEF or PAUZE. It’ll always stay the same, unless you change it, using your profile page.
The dealine for any market day or location is the Sundaynight before at 20:00. Please bear in mind that we don’t like to be stuck with too many or not enough vegetables.
Find out how to manage your account.
The price per package is € 12,50 or 1,25 hours for a standard package and € 6,50 or 0,70 hours for a small package at the O3. You can earn hours by working withing the Lekkernassuh organisation. During the market, in team communication or anything else that’s needed.
Find our how to volunteer.
Where do I collect my vegetables?
See locations mentioned above.
Lekkernassûh (which is slang, in The Hague, for “good nosh”) is an initiative to tackle a number of problems with supermarket vegetables. For example, they:
- have often traveled a long way, causing pollution and pushing the price up
- usually come in layers of unnecessary packaging, which is bad for the environment
- employ people who don’t know you or care about you, and have no bond with what they sell (if staff serve you at all)
At our market we try to solve all three problems. We get the food from nearby and directly from the farm. We don’t offer any packaging materials – you bring your own. And as co-operative, we like to get to know one another.
Here’s more about why. We hope you’ll enjoy and participate. Veel succes met Nederlands… 🙂