What will you make with this week’s summer vegetables? The zucchini, eggplant and sweet peppers are ideal for roasting, then to be used as a topping for pizza or to mix through a pasta salad. Do you have some roasted vegetables left over? No worries! Put them in a container in the fridge, and you’ll have a great sandwich topping for the rest of the week, delicious for example with hummus. The chard can be used just like bok choy in Asian-style meals like curry or ramen.
We hope you like this package again, please don’t forget to change your status before Sunday 8 pm if necessary.
- Summer break Mozartlaan & Toverbosch! Both locations are taking a break during the summer. Location Mozartlaan is closed 12 July through 16 August. Location Toverbosch is closed 19 July through 9 August, after which they will return fully rested! Would you still like to collect a vegetable package during these weeks? Change the location on your profile page.
- Mozartlaan moves! From Wednesday 23 August next, the market can again be found at the Vrije school De Wonnebald, Mozartlaan 189, 2555 JK The Hague. The times have remained the same, every Wednesday from 17:00 to 18:30 the market is open.
- Please note! Location ‘Gymzaal’ and the Package free store have temporarily moved to the Helena! You can now find us on the Helena van Doeverenplantsoen 3, in what used to be the Johan de Witt college. More info can be found here.
- Vegetable garden participation days at Hoeve Biesland. Are you coming to roll up your sleeves again at one of our regular suppliers? Check the agenda for the dates and sign up!
In next Wednesday’s package
- 1 zucchini | Harvest share from Hoeve Biesland in Delfgauw
- 1 portion chard (300-400 g) | Harvest share from Hoeve Biesland in Delfgauw
- 1 bunch of herbs | Harvest share from van Hoeve Biesland in Delfgauw
- 400 g tomatoes| Frank de Koning in Brielle
- 150 g pointed pepper | Frank de Koning in Brielle
- 400 g eggplant | Frank de Koning in Brielle
- 450 g carrots new harvest| Bioromeo in Ens
- 400 g leek | Kievit in Katwijk aan Zee
- 100 g mixed lettuce, red | Kievit in Katwijk aan Zee
Third-party vendors: including bread, eggs and cheese
Your weekly vegetable package is the result of the collaboration of many participants from the Lekkernassûh community. Would you like to regularly put together the weekly package for Lekkernassûh? We are still looking for new buyers! Click here for the vacancy (and here for our other great vacancies). Do you want to help on the market? Then fill in the market schedule at: Schedule market care.
Paying with Timebank hours
You can use your Timebank hours to pay for your vegetable package, but also, for example, cheese or products from the packaging-free store. You earn Timebank hours by, for example, helping on the market. Knowing more? Then look here.
The packaging-free shop is open every Saturday from 11:00 am – 1:30 pm at the Helena. Longer opening hours call for more volunteers. Would you like to help sometime? Register via this link. More information about the store can be found here.
Don’t forget to change your status!
If you want to pick up a package on Wednesday, your subscription must be set to ACTIVE before Sunday evening 20:00. And if you don’t want a package on Wednesday, your subscription must be on PAUSE before Sunday evening 20:00. Help us prevent buying too much; together we prevent waste. Thanks for that! Look here for more explanation.